Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Flower and Apology!

If you checked in on Monday for Pinned Up Mondays, you may have been disappointed.  I'm sorry!  I totally forgot!  Well, I did realize that I'd forgotten at various times when it was completely impossible to write a post!  Like while I was on the table at Physical Therapy or while Adam and I were on an Adventure Walk around the neighborhood... or while I was covered in paint because I spilled a can of paint while painting new boards!  I don't know where the time has gone lately!

Today I'm sharing the QuicKutz Club Project that I created for Page's of the Heart's club night!  It was very fun and springy and simple to recreate!


This month the club members received the bee hive and bee 2" die.  I love it!  This is one of the few ways I actually like bees!  It's from their release last month - full of fun 3D dies! 



I started off with the milk carton die.  I've been wanting to play with this die for some time, I think it's great for a treat box of a little container.  I was thinking that this project would be a great way to give a little treat to someone special on May Day or as centerpieces for Mother's Day!  The carton is super easy to assemble, you just die cut it and fold on all of the perforated edges, then glue it together.  I added a few strips of paper all the way around (Pink Paislee's Prairie Hill), some baker's twine, a die cut circle (included with milk carton die) and used pop-up dots to adhere the bee hive to the front of the carton.

 For the flower I just grabbed the 4" 3D flower and cut 2 of them.  I folded it on all the perforated edges so it would start moving in the 3D direction.  I then stacked them on top of each other and glued them together.  I added my pretty gold button and my bee.  I then glued dotted the flower to a wooden skewer and added a leaf from a different 3D flower die from the same release.

That's it! 


Such a cute and sweet project!  I've really been enjoying QuicKutz dies lately - I like how they're creating a lot of container style dies with shape dies.  The latest release, the Circus release, looks like so much fun!  I can't wait to create a project with it! 

That's it for me today!
Have a great day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment