Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 25, 2012

Foodie Week - Popcicle/Smoothie

Hello!

I'm sorry for the late post!  Today was a busy day, it seems that once Adam starts to feel better, we take complete advantage of it!  Luckily, we made our Pinterest Recipe this morning first thing, and kinda took a popcicle recipe and morphed it into a smoothie recipe AFTER I made the popcicles!  Okay, here's what I made today...

{Photo & Recipe courtesy of  therealityofskinny.tumblr.com via Pinterest}

Here's the Recipe:
Blend and freeze the following ingredients (don’t forget the sticks!): (Makes 6 servings)
  • 1 can pineapple chunks, in juice
  • 1 banana
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Calories: 117 per pop :)

Okay, so here's my turn:

I wasn't sure about the measurements for the pineapple or coconut milk, so we just grabbed the large can of pineapple (because we love pineapple around here!) and the larger size of coconut milk (there was a small one, I think 8 oz). 

I threw everything in at once, turned it on and blended.

Then filled popsicle forms and had a TON left over!  What to do... what to do...

I thought about it and figured that I might as well turn this into a smoothie... it wouldn't be too hard!  So, I threw about 8 strawberries and a few cups of ice into the blend and, well, blended.

Yum.

Here ya go - a dual recipe!  A recipe that you can have a little now and a little later.

Review: (1-10, 10 being amazing)
Taste: 8 - it was good, but it was labeled as the new crack and, while I've never done crack, I was expecting something mindblowing... it wasn't mindblowing but it was yummy.
Cost: 10 - few ingredients, nothing fancy and you get a TON!
Ease: 10 - so easy - it's hard to mess up something with 4 ingredients!

We'll be making these again, they'll be great this summer!

See you tomorrow with a yummy crockpot pork recipe!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment