Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 4, 2012

New New New!

Hello!

I've been super busy this week finishing orders, but I've also been having fun creating new items to put in my shop!  My physical therapist told me to move around as much as possible while listening to my body so that's inspired me to keep busy... which inspired me to create more fun items for my shop!  All, of course, with the help of my Silhouette Cameo!

I've been asked a few times if I could create a multi-colored board.  I've always been a little hesitant, I didn't want to mess up an order and I wasn't sure if my idea on how to create the different colored letters/designs would even work. 

You see, I normally use my machine to cut vinyl for my signs - I actually do a reverse stencil.  Instead of using the vinyl to paint the words, I use the vinyl letters and paint around them so I'm painting the background color and the letter color is the original color of the boards.  Does that make sense?

Anyways - I've been wanting to make a personalized Name board for Adam because I never make him stuff - I'm always just filling orders.  So, I formatted his Name board with a fire truck (I kinda wish it was a police car since that's his latest favorite, but it could be different tomorrow!) and cut my vinyl.  I was planning on doing it my normal way with just 2 colors, when I thought - why not use this as my experiment board?  So I did - and it turned out great!

I used a bright blue and ruby red for his board with a cream background.  I heavily distressed the sign (hey, it's in a 4 yr olds room, it's gonna get more distressed than this!) and applied a protective top coat.



I LOVE it, but most importantly, Adam LOVES it and felt special that I'd made it for him.  Now that I figured out the do's and don'ts, I want to try even more colors!  Its more time consuming because I tape off the different color sections, but I'm excited to branch out a little more! 

And since I was talking about the Silhouette Cameo, I just wanted to let you know that they're running a Mother's Day Sale - you get 25% off your order if you enter ROSES at checkout - I already ordered more supplies!  And no, I don't work and am not affiliated with Silhouette at all, I just love their products!  And they're customer service is awesome!

Have a great weekend!  Don't forget that tomorrow is National Scrapbook Day!  Try to get 1 page layout done and see how great you'll feel!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment