I hope you all had a wonderful weekend because we sure did! We were able to get out of this 110 degree heat and celebrate 2 very specials lady's birthdays down at the beach where it was a perfect 75 degrees... 2 days at the beach with friends/family followed up by a Mommy, Daddy and Adam Fun Day watching Monsters U equals a perfect weekend in my book!
I'm stepping away from Red, White and Blue today and sharing an idea for a Sweet Tweet Goody Box using Life Style Crafts QuicKutz dies!
This month's Page's From the Heart QK Club Members are getting the Songbird Die, which is part of the Detailz Dies. The cool part about the Detailz Dies is that you can use them in multiple ways; you can die cut with them, cut and emboss with them and use the die as a stencil to enhance the embossing! Holla! 3-in-1!
I really enjoy using the different boxes and bags that Life Style Crafts has - its fun to be able to put together a quick, unique and expensive looking gift or treat for someone special without having to run out to the store to pick up different pieces! Everything you see here is a QK Die (with exception to the tulle) - you could change this idea and instead of using the bird and birdcage, you could use a flower, truck, car, graduation cap, birthday cake, stars for the Forth of July, Santa or Reindeer for Christmas... you get the idea!
Here's what I did:
1. Die cut your rectangle matchbox and insert from cardstock. Fold at perforated edges and glue to create your box.
2. Die cut your bird, bird cage, flower, banner and circle from paper of your choice. (I used my scraps for this step - great way to use scraps!)
** I distressed all of my pieces**
3. Glue your insert (mine is patterned paper) to the top of your box, centered.
4. Cut your flower into thirds, use one piece of your flower and glue on top of your insert that is on top of your box. It's a little layered detail that adds a lot.
5. Now your going to assemble your birdcage & bird BEFORE you adhere it to you box.
- Put pop-up tape on the back of your birdcage near the bottom - this will be covered by your banner so don't worry about it showing.
- Cut a small piece of tulle and gather it so that it creates a fan shape. Glue to the front of the birdcage near the bottom.
- Bend your banner ends so that your banner has dimension. Put pop-up tape on the back of the banner and adhere it to the top of the birdcage, covering where you glued the tulle.
- Put pop-up tape on the back of your bird and adhere to the banner.
- Tie a small loop of twine and glue it to the circle. Write your message. Put a little rhinestone where your twine and circle meet to dress it up a little. Loop around your birds neck, hiding the tied piece behind the bird.
- Add glitter to the ends of your banner for a little sparkle... I like how it give its just a little pizazz which still looking shabby chic!
Place some little yummy's in the box and give to a friend, child or as a small hostess gift!
That's it, any easy way to use a variety of dies to create a special little gift box! Please leave me a comment with any questions!
Thanks! Have a great day!