Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 8, 2013

You Down with M.T.L.? Ya, you know me!

Good Morning!

I'm not sure why, but every time I think or say "MTL" I want to start singing M.T.L. to the  "O.P.P." by Naughty By Nature tune and jump around (Disclaimer - it's not a super nice song... it's the beat that goes so well with M.T.L.) 

"You down with M.T.L.?
Ya, you know me!
You down with M.T.L.?
Who down with M.T.L?

Eat it up!"

No?  Well, you may not be down with Naughty By Nature, but once you get those picky eaters to try M.T.L., you'll be jumping around and singing just like me!  What's M.T.L?  Why, it's Muffin Tin Lunch, of course! 


I can't claim this brilliant idea, I saw it over on 30 Handmade Days... I saw Mique's post and thought "Genius!  Brilliant!  Where the heck are my muffin tins?" and I filed it away for an "I'm not hungry, Mom" day.  Fortunately, I didn't have to file it for long, because a few days later my sweet nephew came over and I asked him "Are you hungry, Aidan?" to which came this standard response "No, I ate this morning, Auntie".

What to do, what to do?  How do I get 2 active, fun loving boys to stop playing and eat lunch?

M.T.L. to the rescue!


I made 2 PB&J sandwiches, rinsed grapes, cut up string cheeses, grabbed a handful of gold fish and animal crackers and threw them into the individual muffin tins and took it out to the boys... actually, I think they were pirates that day...


and what do you know?  They ran over to the table to see what I had and gobbled it all up!  I believe there were a few animals crackers left in the tin, but that was it!

Full tummies, easy clean up, portable, fun and nutritious!  So, I'm going to ask you...

"You down with M.T.L?"

Have a great, yummy day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment