Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Your Kid + Camera = New Perspective

Good Morning!

Thanks for visiting today.  I know my posts have been a little kid heavy lately, but with Lil' A on summer break, life is kid heavy and craft lite!  Whenever I get stressed about time management: getting photos of new products done, custom orders made and filled (I know, I said I wasn't going to do those anymore...),  paper crafting that lay on the wayside, messy home and 50K loads of laundry, I remind myself that I only have 28 more days of the way things are now and that once Lil' A starts big kid school, everything will be different so I try to remind myself that everything else can wait, one day he's not going to want me around at all and to treasure this time right NOW.

I think Alan and I had an unspoken conversation about taking advantage of family time this summer. We've been enjoying lots of bike rides, pool time, family house project time and general outdoor time... Alan's a huge mountain lover, he's gone camping, hiking, fishing for as long as he can remember, so when I was trying to think of a cooler, free place to enjoy, my "Let's go on a hike today" was met with enthusiasm.

When I was putting together our picnic, grabbing sunscreen, meds, etc. I also grabbed our old Point & Shoot Camera and figured it was time for Lil' A to start recording his own experience...


As the above photo shows, I don't get stellar shots of Lil' A all the time, errr - half the time... okay, 10 percent of the time!  So, instead of me being behind the camera, I thought it would be fun to let Adam have the camera during our hike... he loved the idea and once I showed him how to use it, he started clicking away!  Here's some of his shots...





The photo above is my favorite... the table that we picnic-ed on had the US Forest Service emblem embossed in the wood - I didn't even see it, I love that Adam did.  When I was going through the photos he took to print and put in a mini-album (more on that later!), I saw this one and asked him about it - he knew exactly what it was and where it was... it was awesome to see what he noticed compared to what I noticed about our day.


This one is my other favorite, love the back lit tree and that's it's not portrait but landscape - I know he didn't "set up" his shoot, he just took it like he saw it.  I think this one is going to get blown up blue print size and hung in his room...



And here's one that I took... I had to capture the budding photographer looking for his next shot...


He's getting so big, he can do so much and he's so observant.  His pictures showed different parts of our hike than what I remembered, but that were special to him!  Where as I normally focus on pictures of people, he focused on the environment around him, I think he only took 1 photo of me and Alan and one photo just of Alan, the rest was the world around him, which I loved looking at and getting to experience the hike all over again. 

Have a great day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment