Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Upcycled Treat Container

Good Morning!

I really like reusing items (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle is a constant slogan in my head thanks to my 5 year old)... in fact, I've gotten pretty good at looking past the actual item and seeing new ways to use the packaging... it's almost like getting two for the price of one!


Yesterday I shared the Welcome! Vinyl Door Phrase... and today's project started with the Silhouette Vinyl Packaging...


I've seen a lot of those push-up desert containers popping up lately... and when I saw the clear, long vinyl packaging, that's immediately what came to mind.


So I took out the label, washed it and grabbed some supplies to make it cute and festive so it could be a treat container... what else would you do with old packaging?


I started by cutting a piece of patterned paper so it was 4"x 6" wide and I adhered it to the container with glue dots.


I then wrapped Washi Tape around the container, slightly overlapping the printed paper so it would have a nice, clean edge.


I grabbed an extra scalloped circle that I had left over from another circle, inked the edges and, using glue dots, stuck it onto the center of the patterned paper.


Then I had fun... I gathered all kinds of left over supplies and started playing.  I had a few Silhouette Print and Cuts (the "Fun" and "Happy" are a print and cut from Echo Park via Silhouette), punches, flowers, bling and I just started laying out different patterns until I found one I liked.


I ended up punching out a banner with my Stamp'n Up pennant punch, added some more washi tape and called it good.


I added some washi tape to the cap just because I can!


Opps!  Don't forget to add your treats!

That's better! 

Hope you think outside the box package too! 

Have a great one!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment