Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 14, 2011

Another Crate project to share...

I made a little shadow box for my scraffice today... I really just wanted a project where I could use either Emma's Shoppe or Portrait since they're so beautiful and a little more girly - and since I couldn't pick one, I used both!  Here's what the shadow box started out as -
My Dad brought me back these little ducky feet egg holders from their vacation - isn't that awesome?!  My Dad is the best, seriously, I only have the most amazing things to say about my Dad - he's good, and kind, and honest, and brave, and funny, and smart and fun - and so much more!  Anyways, he knows that I LOVE Carlton Walking Ware and thought that these little guys might be a nice addition to my collection, and he's totally right!  Anyways, as soon as I saw the box I thought "Hmm, what can I do with that?"
And this is what I came up with.  I used paper from both Emma's Shoppe and Portrait, the little sewing machine, silhouette and heart are all chipboard shapes from the 2 collections.  The little bow above the portrait is from Jenni Bowline - it's hard to see but it has a little bling on it, super cute!  I also used s string of pearls to go around the whole box, and on the outside I covered the sides and top with paper.  The spools of thread I found at a scrapbook store yesterday on our train trip - I covered one with twine, one with paper and one with crocheted lace.  Here's a few close-ups of the boxes -

And here's a angle where you can see the sides of the box.  I got so lucky that the color of the box already went with my color palette, it made it so that I didn't have to cover the whole box!  Yay!


I left the Silhouette box a little plain because I think that I want to put a chipboard "A" for Andrea there, but I might decide to give this away as a little "Thank You" present, so I'm leaving my options open!

Happy Monday, hope the beginning of your week brings great things!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment