Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Posting Problems and a Card Tutorial

Good morning!  I'm sorry that I missed a few days... I took Monday off from blogging on purpose, I was super grumpy and knew that if I did a post it would sounds sarcastic and nasty, which I DID NOT want to be!  And then yesterday, I kept trying to sign into my blogger but it seems that they were having technical difficulties because the "sign-in" button wasn't anywhere to be found!  So, here we are today - with a fun tutorial!  Yay!

{A Treat for You! Card/Tags}


So, I made this little beauty with Glitz Paper, misc. sheet music, twine/ribbon and a cake stamp from Glitz which I LOVE - seriously, this stamp went on even (not all stamps are created equal!)- and LifeStyle Crafts Treat Bag!  Lets get started!  (Sorry about the picture quality in the tutorial, I was doing this in our dinning room where the light is gross!)
First, you'll want to die cut your treat bag from a brown paper lunch sack - Once it's cut, assemble with a tape runner or wet glue (I used a tape runner) and then ink the edges. If you want a more distressed look, crumble your bag and then flatten before you distress.

I couldn't decide what would look best, so I stamped my cake image on a piece of cream card stock, a piece of Glitz patterned paper and a scrap of sheet music.  I ended up liking the one on the patterned paper, so I cut it out and distressed the edges.


So, now it's kinda just playing to see what works best!  I cut a piece of patterned paper to glue directly to the bag, just a regular old rectangle.  I then punched a scallop circle with my large Marvy punch and then punched a circle from coordinating paper with my Marvy punch (I think the scallop is 3 in. and the circle is 2.5 in.)  I cut the scallop and circle in half, then glued them together and then to the edge of the treat bag.  I took my scrap of sheet music and pleated it randomly, I wanted it to look a little haphazard.  I then wrapped brown bakers twine around it and tied a knot.

I used foam squares to put the cake on.  I also colored in some of the flowers with my copic marker - I used red (It was all I had) and then rubbed a little distress ink on it to soften the brightness of the red.  I then put Glossy Accents all over the cake and let it dry.  Glue a little piece of ribbon (Websters - isn't is beautiful?) along the edge of the opening of the bag.

Next I worked on the tags.  I cut 2 pieces of printed paper (I think they're 3.5 x 5.5 in.) and then went to town on them!

For the first tag, I used my scallop border punch on one end, then rounded the top 2 corners.  After everything was the way I wanted it, I inked the edges.



I then took the same red patterned paper that I used on the treat bag and cut a piece for my tag.  I used my scallop border punch on one end and glued it down.  I took another scrap of my sheet music and pleated it and then glued it down.  I had to keep reminding myself not to over-do the tags, that we'd want room for putting a sentiment, etc.


For the next tag, I took the other half of the scallop circle from the front of the treat bag and inked it then glued it to the top of the tag.  I also corner rounded the bottom two corners.  Once you have the scalloped circle on, you'll want to cut the top two corners at an angle, so that your tag looks like a tag.


I then took a banner stamp and stamped it across the top of my tag, mostly on the scallop in black ink.  I also stamped it on the red patterned paper and cut a few banner triangles out to adhere to my tag.
I thought that I was missing something, so I found these Glitz stickers - they already have bling on them! - and decided to use one circle with bling on my tag and on the front of my treat bag.  I put one sticker towards the top of the treat bag and added a cream flower to the center.  I then put the other sticker on the other half of the circle (left over from the front of the treat bag) and glued that to the first tag.  I also doodled along the edge of the tag in black ink.



And here is the finished product!  I absolutely love this card/tag combo!  I just think it turned out better than I expected!


Yay!  This is going to be in my Favorite Cards Class at Collective Journeys, March 19th.  I also finished my samples for the April My Favorite Cards Class - they're at the store so you can go in and see them or stay tuned and I'll share some of them in the next few weeks!  If you'd like to sign up for the class please call Collective Journey's 909.793.2200!

Thanks!  We're off to the park!  It's a beautiful day today, and I have both Adam and Aidan - I see a great day in our future!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment