Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 23, 2010

Card 11: 30 Days

My BFF (literally, we've been friends since we were 12 and we have stood by each other through every single life change, no matter how big or small) just finished renovating their new house. She's had a crazy year, she had a new baby (along with a 4 year old), she quit her job b/c her Husband didn't reenlist in the Air Force, they moved to a different state and were living with her in-laws for 9 months while they renovated a serious fix-er-upper and looked for jobs and tried to adjust to life in a new state and had an infant and a 4 year old! Phew! I don't know how she did it, to be honest! So, I made her a card... sounds a little underwhelming after all that she's been through this year, doesn't it???


(New Home Card)


Anyways - I used my Silhouette SD for almost everything on the card! The only piece that wasn't cut from the Silhouette was the Key Hole, which is Tim Holtz Die. Otherwise, the label, house (cut from 2 different papers), the flourish and the heart banner are all from the amazing Silhouette! All I did was create the house first, adjusted it on the Silhouette software to be the exact size that I wanted for my card. I brought in my label and adjusted that to be the size I wanted - I moved it behind the house on the software and adjusted it so I'd know when it was perfect. i did the same with the flourish and with the banner, and I was able to see exactly how my card would look before I cut everything out. I then used The Girls Paperie line for all of the patterned paper, used Bazzil for the brown card base, the 2 mats, the key hole and for the roof on the house. I added Clear Chunky glitter all around the house - I used scrappy glue for the adhesive and just smoothed it all over with my finger then poured on the glitter. I inked the edges of all of my paper in Chestnut Brown from Chalk Ink Pads. I added some rhinestones just for an extra sparkle and the Tim Holtz key hole I backed with chipboard (I was able to cut both the chipboard and the paper at the same time even! I did put Diamond Glaze on my heart banner but I guess it was old because it gave it a milky glaze instead of a clear glaze - it ended up okay since the card has a total shabby chic vibe to it.

The inside says:
It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.
I'll be dropping it into the mail today!

See everyone tomorrow!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment