Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Card 6: 30 Days

Yeah, Card 6! I keep thinking that when I get to 10 I'll be super happy! Which means that I have to work today to get to Card 8 (Card 7 is already done!), and then I'll be 2 days ahead of the game! Woo hoo!

I've really been trying to play with the stash of supplies that I already own - so my Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels became an obsession! There's so much you can do! You can use your die cuts as a stencil, use an actual stencil from Tattered Angels, use an actual metal die as a stencil, make your own patterned paper by spraying all different colors all over your paper, customize plain white flowers to fit your color needs perfectly, spray ribbon to change the effect... So much to do, your possibilities are only limited by your time!!!

(Tattered Butterflies)


On this card I used a Tattered Angels stencil of a butterfly. I really wanted the butterfly to be almost a halo effect, so I first sprayed with my 'Marshmallow' glimmer mist. You couldn't really see the stencil, so I went back over it with 'Antique Brass' and got more of the outline. I didn't over-spray, since I really didn't want the negative image to be the focus of the card, I just wanted a lite image. I then used a small piece of cream ric rac, die cut some flowers from old piano sheet music, layered them and added a button with blue/cream bakers twine. I die cut/embossed (all with one die!) little butterflies, added some rhinestones (a necessity for any super girly card!) and came up with this card! I love it! I also used a distress disk to distress the edges of all of my paper (patterned paper is from Girls Paperie - super cute!) and inked everything. I even added rock candy glitter glue (by Ranger) to the edges of the butterflies. I really don't believe that there is such a think as too much sparkle!

Anyways - if you have any questions about this card, just let me know. This card will be in my September "Our Favorites" Cards class at Collective Journey 909.792.2200!

Have a great Wednesday!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment