Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Card 3: 30 Days

Hello Again!!!

I took a step away from the Echo Park this time (don't worry, it'll be back tho), and I used Cosmo Crickets Material Girl line along with my Silhouette SD machine for this fun card.



First, I took a 4.25 x 5.5 in. ivory linen card base, inked the edges and then I doodled around the edges. I inked and adhered a 2 x 4.25 in. stitched patterned paper close to the left side of the card - about .5 in. from the side (card opens downward). I inked and adhered a 1 x 5 in. piece of patterned paper (dress form) that lined up with the right side of the card and up .5 in. from the bottom. I took a piece of fabric that has 'eyes' on it and glued that down along the stitched patterned paper - I placed it towards the left side - about .25 in. from the side.

I used my Silhouette and cut a scalloped circle (3.5 in), inked and drew stitch lines around it. I adhered it with pop-up tape. I also cut a dress form, needle, thread and bottom from black, ivory and red solid paper. I tied a knot in a piece of ribbon and glued that to the button. I then used stickers and wrote "Hugs and Stitches" on the scallop circle.

This card took a little more time to create due to sizing the different embellishments on the Silhouette software and then cutting them out with 3 different solids. Once everything was cut it only took about 5 minutes to finish up the card. I also really like how the spool of thread came out - it was looking a little too white until I heavily inked the edges.

See you all tomorrow!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment