Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Card 16: 30 Days

Emboss, emboss, EMBOSS! I love it, I don't know why it's taken me so long to get on the emboss band wagon because it's such a simple technique but it adds so much to your projects!


(Sweet Little Witch Card)


For my "Sweet Lil' Witch" Card I used the Tim Holtz Bingo Embossing Folder. I cut a solid cream piece of paper to be 4.25 x 5.5 in. and ran it through my Epic using the embossing folder. I then cut it down to be 4 x 5.25 in. and rubbed Chalk Ink Pad in Chestnut and in Black over the numbers and letters to get them to pop. I then took a 6x6 in. black solid card base, then added a 5 7/8 x 5 7/8 in. cream mat, then a 5.75 x 5.75 in. orange patterned (Making Memories Spook Alley) piece and then I glued the Bingo Card toward the right hand side of the card, leaving about 1/4 in. border around 3 sides. I then adhered a 2.5 x 6 in. solid black piece across the center of the card, then added a 2 x 6 in. spider print (Making Memories Spook Alley) centered on the black solid, and then .75 x 6 in. black word print (Making Memories Spook Alley) and scallop border punched one long edge. I then used the little witch from a sheet of images and backed it in black solid. I tied a bow with cream lace and glued it down, added 3 black buttons and called it good. I wanted to add a plastic black spider ring around the bow but couldn't find one until after I had finished the card, but I thought it'd be an interesting touch.

Hope you like it, and remember, embossing adds dimension and texture to any project, you can sand it, distress it, ink it, spray it - anything you want to make it stand out as much or as little as you want!

Have a great Saturday!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment