Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 30, 2010

Card 18: 30 Days

I'm sorry this is such a late post - I've been to 2 doctors appointments, x-rays, pharmacy... a busy, tiring day.

Anyways, Card 18 is such a fun, any occasion card - although you probably won't want to give it to your boyfriend/husband/son. I've been paying close attention to scrapbooking/cardmaking and crafting trends, and one trend is hot air balloons - which are totally cool and you can do any type of card with them. For my hot air balloon card I choose The Girls Paperie line again, I just can't get enough of it and I love the elegant, shabby look of it. I also used my Silhouette SD for all of my shapes, quick and easy!


(Wishes Floating Your Way Card)

I took a 6 x 6 in. tan card base and matted a 5 7/8 x 5 7/8 dusty pink to it. I then matted a 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 in. printed ledger piece. I used a scallop border punch on a 1 1/2 x 6 in. floral print, then cut a 3/4 x 6 in. blue patterned piece and adhered it to the scallop piece and adhered the whole thing about 1/2 in. from the bottom of the card. I then added crocheted lace over the whole border piece. I used a House of 3 label and cut it from a white solid and a slightly smaller label from the same blue patterned piece and then backed the label with chipboard. I popped up the label with foam tape. I then stamped a scallop circle on a cream/black dotted paper and cut that out, adhered it to the bottom right corner of the label. I added 2 green/white dotted tickets (Silhouette) and 1 white "wish" ticket (Silhouette- House of 3) and adhered them to the label. I put a 3 layer flower that I cut from sheet music over the corner of the tickets and part of the label - adding a button with blue/cream bakers twine in the center (don't forget to curl up the petals for extra dimension). I then adhered the hot air balloon that I cut from a tan solid, floral print and blue solid. I used foam tape to adhere the center section of the balloon. I then added 5 clear Dew Drops randomly around the card, put blue stickles on the ribbon on the balloon and Diamond Glaze on the "Wish" ticket. I distressed everything - I used Tea Dye Distress Pad from Ranger.

I love this card, I think it's super sweet and can't wait to find someone to give it to!!

See you tomorrow!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment