Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Card 12 : 30 Days

Lets celebrate with a birthday card! I love birthday cards... I mostly feel that any card can be turned into a birthday card. I like to make a lot of my cards without any sort of sentiment just for this reason; you can turn a card with a flower on it into a birthday card, a baby card, a thank you card, a wedding card... just about any occasion card!


(Apple Jack Birthday Card)


This card I actually created with a $1.00 stamp as my inspiration! $1.00!!! I also used scraps from Sassafras "Apple Jack" paper line. This card was super easy, but a little time consuming than I originally thought just because of all the little cutting on the banner. So, first I took a 6x6 inch lt. yellow card base and added a 5 5/8 x 5 5/8 in.& 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 in. white mats. I took a strip of 2 1/2 x 6 in. patterned Apple Jack paper and ran it close to the left edge. I also took 1 x 2 3/4 in. strips of other Apple Jack papers and glued them down towards the bottom of the card over the long strip. I then took my Happy Birthday to You stamp and stamped it in black 2 times on the card. I then took the same stamp and stamped it 2 times of 3 different solids. I cut out the individual banners in a random color order and glued them over the stamped image on the actual card. I added a couple little dabs of clear Stickles, stuck down a little asterisk sticker and added Diamond Glaze to it. Added a button with a little bit of ribbon and here is a fun b-day card that is pretty age and gender non-specific! My favorite kind of birthday card!

Happy Birthday Card Day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment