Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Card 14: 30 Days

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to address a topic that my Mom and I have been discussing lately, and that is "Do cards fly out of my ... head?" And the answer is, NO! I don't always have inspiration, some days I walk into my scrapfice and just turn around and walk back out. Sometimes I get started on a card and keep working and working and I end up spending 2 hours on a little 5.5 x 4.25 in. piece of paper that looks like Adam (or Alan) made it. Sometimes I totally copy other people's masterpieces! Creativity doesn't always flow, if I have a great week where I'm making 3 cards a day that are all original to me, then I have 3 weeks where I can't think of a single original idea and all I do is duplicate (as close as possible) what I see in a magazine. So, my point is, don't get down on yourself if you're just not feeling "it" for a day, a week or a month, it happens to all of us (I think). I'm sure even Martha Stewart or Heidi Swapp or Tim Holtz have days where getting their socks to match seems like an obstacle in color choice.

So, now that I have said my piece, here is a card that I created yesterday after being inspired by a card I saw in a magazine (I kinda copied the card but made it my own in some ways...). Yesterday (and I'm afraid today is going in the same direction) I was not "into" it. I was looking at tons of blogs, planning out upcoming classes, pouring over idea magazines but when it came to me actually sitting down and cutting and pasting... well, it was a struggle.

(Falling For You Card)

I used WeR's "Maple Grove" paper line for this card that I grabbed from Collective Journey's the other night... I also broke out my sewing machine - WHATTT!!! I know, I'm so lazy sometimes, I'm always impressed when I take 3 minutes out of my day to move my sewing machine and put in the correct color of thread... anyways, took a cream 5.5 x 4.25 in. card base and used Chalk Chestnut Brown to distress. I then took a portion of the green/blue patterned paper from "Oak" and cut it down, adhered it, then added a piece of their wood grain patterned paper, cut it down and adhered it as well. I then sewed the edges with cream thread, alternating between a straight stitch and a zig-zag just for fun (I'm crazy like that). I then used my Fiskars Scallop Border punch on a tan solid piece and adhered it towards the bottom of the card. I ran brown and white bakers twine around the solid piece and also threaded it through my button holes. I then used my Silhouette SD, cut out 3 solid orange leaves from their "Fall Leaves" image, then made the leaves smaller and cut them again from the patterned paper. I adhered them all down, but used foam tape to pop-up the top leaf. I added my buttons to the base of my leaves and I was done!

This card will be in the October 2nd class of "Our Favorite Cards" at Collective Journey's 909-793-2200.

Have a great day, everyone!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment