Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 4, 2011

On the 4th Day of Pinterest & Sew Funky!

My crafty love gave to me...

TP rolls to entertain a boy!
Today I'll be sharing a project to help you keep little ones entertained while you're trying to get Christmas projects done!  The best part is, this project is using all household items that you probably have on hand! 

Here's my Pinterest inspiration...
{Photo courtesy of From sottocoperta.net via Pinterest}


They made everything that you see here from toilet paper rolls!  Can you believe that?  So I'd been holding onto empty tp rolls for a while and then, on Friday, I had a sick little boy who was looking for something fun to make and play with... so, here's what I came up with!
Grab as many tp rolls as you can find and your hot glue gun.

Hot glue your tp rolls together, stacking them as you go.  Can you guess what we're making?
Grab a little boy with a LOT of matchbox cars and let him show you what this is!

Yep!  A parking garage!
See how nicely the cars fit?  You can even fit more than one car in each TP roll.

I was told that "This is the BEST sick boy project ever!"  Yay for free, easy projects that keep your child happy.  Of course, we had to take it to the next step.

Yep, paint.  Green paint.  Adam's favorite color.

And stickers.  Can you tell his Mommy is a crafter?

But this isn't the end.  What garage is complete without a place to live?  So, Pinterest inspiration number 2!

{No Source via Pinterest}
 A masking tape road on floors and couches.  Genius.  So, here's my spin on it...

Painter's Blue Tape roads on floor and walls.  Adam immediately knew what to do with this.

Drive on the roads!  Duh!  and do you see our little tp garage in the bottom?  Yep.  We made a space for that in our city. 

These projects took no more than 5 minutes each and we've left them up.  I can do laundry and Adam is close by and playing.  I can work in my office and Adam is close by and playing.  We're all happy with tp rolls, hot glue and paint tape!

And if you're looking for great, unique Christmas gifts, please come down to Sew Funky Handmade Boutique today!  It's in Ontario at the Double Tree, near the Convention center!  There's amazing items and deals... I love to shop there and typically spend all of my hard earned $$ from my items!  But it's worth it!

December 4th, 2011


DoubleTree
by Hilton Ontario Airport
222 N. Vineyard Avenue
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m
Have a great day!  See you tomorrow!
Andrea




No comments:

Post a Comment