Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 18, 2011

On the 18th Day of Pinterest...

My crafty love gave to me...

An easy, inexpensive Christmas centerpiece!

Here is my Pinterest Inspiration...
{Picture courtesy of boards.weddingbee.com via Pinterest}



Today was my husbands family's Christmas, which we held at our house.  One of the things that I love about hosting a party is the decor, so when I saw bags of cranberries at Walmart for $1 a bag, I knew that I was going to use them!

I grabbed 4 bags for 3 vases and 2 star glass dishes.  Here's what I did...

I poured about 3/4 of the cranberries into a $1 glass vase.  I then added water to cover the berries and added white flowers that I'd gotten from Trader Joe's.  I also put my DIY Mercury Glass votives around the centerpiece with fake votives and fake snow in them.

So simple, the most expensive part of the centerpiece was the battery operated votives!

And here's a recap of the mercury glass that I told you about yesterday...

I took my 4 $1 votive's and tried the DIY Mercury Glass tutorial again.  I used A LOT less water and A LOT more mirror paint... they turned out better but I think I should've done 2 coats...

Not too bad though, huh?  I definitely like them more than the large vase from the other day.

We'll see you tomorrow! 
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment