Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, December 10, 2011

On the 10th Day of Pinterest...

My crafty love gave to me...

A fun Christmas picture...

Here's my Pinterest inspiration...

Isn't that sweet?  But, since Adam's the only one that I ever put in our Christmas picture... well, I couldn't have him kissing anyone, so I went in a little bit of a different direction.


First, I made Adam stand against the wall and I drew his outline with a pencil.  Yes, this was risky because I didn't want to enforce the idea that coloring on the walls is okay but I had an idea in my  head that wouldn't leave!


I then formatted different Christmas words with my Silhouette software and cut them out of vinyl.

I placed the letters, one by one, around Adam's silhouette, leaving about 1.5" around the pencil drawing.  Adam helped me with the placing, rubbed them onto the wall and peeled off the transfer paper.  He was pretty excited to help.

I then asked him to stand in front of the wall, so the words would outline him.  He's cute (although super cheesy) but it just wasn't enough.  So, I thought back to Pinterest and remembered the candy cane heart.


I grabbed 2 plastic candy canes and my hot glue gun.  I glued them together at top and at the bottom, I didn't trust that he's be able to hold them together and make a heart on his own.  I gave them to him, showed him some poses and he ran with it.

After this photo he told me that smiling hurt...
After this one he said he didn't know how to smile...

And with this one, I bribed him with M&M's - viola.  A good, non-cheesy smile.  Sigh. 

Finally.

I uploaded a few of these pictures to Costco, made my photo card and ordered them.  They were in the mail the day after Thanksgiving!  Woot woot!

I'll see everyone back here tomorrow!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment