Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

PB Inspired Paper Crafting

Good Morning!

I hope that your Christmas weekend was full of family, friends, laughter and fun!  I know ours was... we had so much fun and excitement that my body couldn't take it and today I ended up with a sinus infection!  But, watching this...

happy little face is well worth any yucky after Christmas germs!

And here's a little gift idea that I made last week that was inspired by a Pottery Barn item that I've been conventing for, umm, like 7-10 years...



Maybe it's a little hard to tell what it is...  but it was inspired by these...


They used to have some that had vases for flowers or candles were attached to the wall with wire or something like that...
So I made a little hostess gift with that same idea - a "vase" attached to the "wall" that holds goodies!  This picture might be easier to see what it is.  It's a little cone (similar to a tussy mussy) that is attached to an easel base with floral wire...



 The cone is actually the Life Style Crafts Party Hat turned upside down so it can hold goodies.  The rosette on the front of the cone is from Life Style crafts as well...



The easel that holds the cone is from LifeStyle Crafts as well, it's the Card and Card Easel kit...  And, if you noticed, the scallop circle that is behind the cone is embossed with the Life Style Crafts Damask Embossing folder and then cut from the Cupcake Stands Scallop Circle...


 Sorry, I can't seem to get a picture of the embossing folder, but you get a damask folder and a floral folder in one pack - they're very cool!


 And here's the view from the top - I put some Muddy Buddy's in the cone as the treat.  The tag is an OLD EK punch and I wrote "Thanks" on it.  I love this!  I love that it's a free standing "treat", and you can take the cone out of the wire holder... it's not glued in, it just rests in the wire!  I did use a foam pop-dot to attach the rosette to the cone which does help to catch the cone, but it really doesn't need it.

I used October Afternoon's Farmhouse and Boarding Pass paper lines for this project.  I love the rulers from Farmhouse - I have a thing for vintage rulers and am always on the lookout for them in thrift stores or yard sales!

IF you're part of the Die Cut Club at Page's, you'll be doing this project for club this month!  I know sometimes it's hard to think of different ways to use your dies, but if you just look at their form instead of what their called, sometimes that can help...  A little inspiration never hurt either!

Have a great day! 
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment