Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 16, 2011

On the 16th Day of Pinterest...

My crafty love gave to me...

A super sparkly and magical wand to make!

Here's my Pinterest wand inspiration...

I saw these wands a while ago while looking for Birthday inspiration for Adam's 4th birthday and filed them away in the back of my head as something fun to do IF I had a girl... or my niece was visiting.

But then I saw some cool paper mache wands at Collective Journey's and thought about decorating them for Christmas! 

I made a Tree Wand and Star Wand that you twirl in your hand and the little doo-hickey's on the end beat them as a drum... I also made regular star wands that are more your garden variety wand.

First, I painted them each a solid color and then used Modge Podge and added extra fine glitter in the matching color.  I set them aside and let them dry overnight.  I tried really hard to get all of the excess glitter off but glitter is kinda like ants, once it's in your house, it's ALL OVER your house!

I then went to town decorating them!  I added tulle and ribbon...

stamped sentiments that I detail cut...
Fake flowers and berries...

Buttons and clear dew drops...

And jingle bells!  Oh, and did I mention RIBBON?!

I made 3 of each kind of wand and I'm planning on mailing one up to my niece and putting the rest on Christmas packages so every little girl I know can have a little magic in her for Christmas!  Who doesn't like sparkly magic?

See you back here tomorrow!  Go ahead, glitter it up!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment