Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

On the 21st Day of Pinterest...

My crafty love gave to me...

A fun way to use fabric scraps!

Here's my Pinterest inspiration...
{Picture courtest of junkgardengirl.blogspot.com via Pinterest}


So I did something super similar.  I used a multi-colored strand of lights that was extra from my parent's.  I would've rather used white lights because that's all we have in our house, but I also prefer "FREE", so multi-colored it is!
 
I grabbed 2 different patterns of Red and White fabric scraps and 2 different patterns of Green and White fabric scraps.  I cut them into 1 1/2 inch strips and then tied them onto the strand of lights.  I did this while sitting on the couch, watching TV. 
 
I took this picture with my flash on so you could see the colored fabric scraps so you can't see the lights very well, but I'm sure you get the picture!


I taped the light garland onto our Hall tree. 


Here's a close up of the lights and the fabric scraps.  You can't really see the wire with the fabric wrapped around them, and the only reason I would've used white lights was so that the colors on the fabric stay true, but like I said, FREE is great!  Maybe I'll pick up some white lights at an after Christmas sale...

You could easily do this same decor for a birthday party or celebration, just change the colors of your fabric to reflect the theme of the party of Holiday!

Only 3 days left!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment