Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, December 17, 2011

On the 17th Day of Pinterest...

My crafty love gave to me...

A mercury glass tutorial!

Here was my Pinterest Inspiration...

{Photo courtesy of deliciouslyorganized.blogspot.com via Pinterest}


Now, I guess this tutorial originated from Martha Stewart (of course, duh!) but I followed the steps illustrated from the blog mentioned above.
 
Here's how mine came out...
Not quite as impressive.  I think I know what to do differently when I try it tonight... yes, I'm trying it again because this is the first craft that I'd deem "failure" since starting my 25 Days of Pinterest!

Here's what I did...

Grab a glass vase and cover the outside.  I just wrapped mine in tape, I wasn't going to wrap it in paper and tape when tape did just fine!  I bought Looking Glass Mirrored Paint from Walmart (I didn't find it at Home Depot or Lowes and it was only around $4 at Walmart!  Score!) and grabbed my spray bottle of water.

First, I sprayed the inside of the vase with water.  I think this is where I went wrong.  Next time I'll use way less water, like only 1 mist of water.

Then spray the inside of your vase with the mirror paint. 

Turn it upside down and let it dry overnight.

When I checked on it the next day I didn't like how it looked at all - it barely looked mercury glass-ish so I sprayed another layer of Mirrors paint and turned it over and let it dry over night again.

This is my end result...

Like I said, use way less water and way more mirror glass paint!  I'm going to try again tonight and let you know tomorrow!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment